[vorbis-dev] Implementing Vorbis in hardware

Winefred Washington wwashington at austin.rr.com
Mon Jan 22 17:50:57 PST 2001

Steve,

The latest players have dedicated hardware decoders such as ST
Microelectronics STA013, which can decode a bitstream and output the PCM
data. The DSP or microcontroller is used to drive the LCD, monitor the
keypad and manage the FLASH memory, but it does involve itself directly with
the decoding process.

WW