[vorbis-dev] DWIT

Philipp Kempgen kempgen at bnv-bamberg.de
Sun Jan 14 12:55:43 PST 2001

Steve underwood wrote:

> Segher Boessenkool wrote:
>
> > We can't hear phase differences above 2kHz.
>
> Actually I think we both forgot the biggie - "well".  We can't  detect
> bass direction well.

So what about an option for filtering frequencies below 10 Hz?

And in 'joined stereo' mode (yet to be done) we could simply leave out any information about frequencies below 40 Hz and above 16kHz or so on the second channel - thus making the decoder play back these very low resp. high freqs in 'mono'.

Same thing goes for '5+1' like surround sound. As we have a seperate low freq. channel in this case we might stuff everything below like 80 Hz in there.

Just an idea...

Philipp