[vorbis-dev] DWIT

Segher Boessenkool segher at wanadoo.nl
Sun Jan 14 01:48:18 PST 2001

[good piece snipped]

> The list is quite long.

You forgot the biggie :-)
We can't hear phase differences above 2kHz.

> Current compressors exploit a number of limitations, but none is yet clever
> enough to exploit them all. That leaves lots of room for fun research!

The current codecs don't exploit the things they do to full
extent, either.

A nice paper to read:

"Ein psychophysiologisches Gehoermodell zur Nachbildung von
Wahrnehmungsschwellen fuer die Audiocodierung"

It's the dissertation of Frank Baumgarte.

Cheers,

Segher