[vorbis-dev] MP3pro

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at lsc.nd.edu
Thu Jan 11 07:05:17 PST 2001

So it looks like the Frauenhoffer boys are issuing an updated format --
MP3pro.  They claim that it will give 128kbps/MP3 quality in 64kbps.

I'm interested to see what others think of this.

I'm also curious: I've seen others on the list say that Ogg/Vorbis' sound
quality is "better" than MP3.  Can this be quantified (or is this already
on a web page somewhere)?  I kinda guess that "128kbps/MP3 quality in
64kbps" is marketing drivel, but such comparisons would be helpful for
those of us who don't understand acoustics, etc.  :-)

{+} Jeff Squyres
{+} squyres at cse.nd.edu
{+} Perpetual Obsessive Notre Dame Student Craving Utter Madness
{+} "I came to ND for 4 years and ended up staying for a decade"