[vorbis-dev] Tarkin at last

Lourens Veen jsr at dds.nl
Thu Jan 4 10:05:13 PST 2001

Hmm, I now have a program that can read in a TGA file, to a 2D Haar
wavelet transform, transform back, and then output another TGA. It
works, and as far as I've been able to figure out everything's correct,
however there seem to be some rounding errors. I'm using an array of
floats to hold the image data, which is normalised to the 0..1 range. If
I enlarge the range to 0..255 the errors get smaller, but even at
0..2550 they're still there. I think this is pretty weird, since the
dynamic range of float should be big enough.

Any ideas?

Lourens