[vorbis-dev] now i'm a real vorbis guy.

Lourens Veen jsr at dds.nl
Tue Jan 2 10:32:58 PST 2001

> Xiphophorus wasn't the company in question :)
>
> We were getting funded by iCast, and entertainment company.  Whatever
> business model they had, didn't work, and it folded, thus drying up a
> source of funding for several developers.
>
> Our business didn't fail, our benefactors did.

Ah, I see now. I hope you will find new sources of funding then. How is
Vorbis with content protection? I mean open sourcing your libs doesn't
really seem compatible with blocking the end user from saving the stream
to disk, and if funding comes from companies who want this kind of
stuff, it may be a problem.

Lourens