[vorbis-dev] Better buffer fix.

Kenneth Arnold ken at arnoldnet.net
Wed Feb 21 21:50:20 PST 2001

On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 10:27:37PM -0600, Aaron Plattner wrote:
> Looking at it, I think this patch is actually better than the one I sent before,
> mainly because it keeps from adding a bunch of weird parameters to functions at
> the expense of a single global variable (globals... ick).

The whole present situation is messy and there's nothing you can do
about it right now. I'm looking for suggestions for a new
architecture; I've tried out a few things myself with varying degrees
of success, but nothing worked out perfectly.

I'm too tired to go through your patch but I'm assuming that it fixes
things so it's getting applied.

And buffer needs to use semaphores, or maybe just one semaphore; that
spinlock just takes up too much CPU pointlessly! That's post-1.0, or
more like post-school (argh -- high school sux).

--
Kenneth Arnold <ken at arnoldnet.net> / kcarnold / Linux user #180115
http://arnoldnet.net/~kcarnold/

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>
<LI>application/pgp-signature attachment: stored
</UL>