[vorbis-dev] rtp payload format

Jack Moffitt jack at icecast.org
Fri Feb 23 01:00:32 PST 2001

> Doesn't it need to get any set of codebooks, not only the first one?
> Even if the following codebooks are sent as normal vorbis packets,
> packet loss have to be considered. One lost packet containing a part of
> a codebook should not make the rest of the stream unusable. Some sort of
> reliability is needed for the codebooks.

Yes, it needs every set, but the codebooks are always sent inline.  Only
with multicast is there ever a need to not get them inline, because
there's only ever ONE stream, instead of one stream per client with
unicast.

Reliability is needed for the codebooks, and I'll add this note to the
draft.

> - Interleave the current codebook (and info and comments?)  among the
> data packets?

This was accidentally left out.  I'll add this too.

jack.