[vorbis-dev] win32 question

berk berk at nm.ru
Mon Feb 19 06:26:45 PST 2001

Use The Source, Jeff!

Replying to your mail dated Monday, February 19, 2001, 6:52:52 PM,
about "[vorbis-dev] win32 question":

JS> Does win32 have pathconf() and _PC_NAME_MAX?

Well, DJGPP does :) But mingw32 doesn't. So at least one win32
compiler does NOT have it already.

JS> If win32 doesn't have pathconf(), we might have to do something like the
JS> following in vorbis-tools/ogg123/ao_interface.c:

JS> #ifdef win32
JS>    /* code which can use the NAME_MAX constant */
JS> #else
JS>    /* code which uses pathconf() to get the maximum filename length */
JS> #endif

Isn't it better to do

#ifdef win32
#define PATHNAME_MAX NAME_MAX  // it was called PATHNAME_MAX IIRC
#else
//nothing to do
#endif

omewhere in the headers.