[vorbis-dev] Problem with seek functions,

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Mon Feb 12 00:25:01 PST 2001

At 04:54 PM 2/11/01 -0800, you wrote:
>I am having trouble using vorbisfiles (under win32) ov_pcm_seek or
>ov_time_seek (I haven't tried the other functions) ... both return -129
>every time I use them (internal error).

They should work fine (and they do - see the winamp plugin, for an example
on win32). So it's very hard to say anything more specific without seeing
some code - if you can supply a minimal test case, that'd be great.

As Brett mentioned, if you're seeking from a different thread you have to
be careful (it's safe to do if you ARE careful, but you need a mutex around
the vorbisfile structure (or equiv on win32. critical section?)

Michael