[vorbis-dev] test suite

Gregory Maxwell greg at linuxpower.cx
Fri Feb 9 09:36:13 PST 2001

On Fri, Feb 09, 2001 at 07:48:29PM +0500, berk wrote:
[snip]
> Should I shoot some free DV and SVHS video for ya? We have some DV and
> SVHS cameras here and I could certainly shoot a real-life sequence for
> you.
>
> Probably not ppm's but an old good AVI.....
[snip]

Since you are looking at using DV.. DV encoded AVIs would be fine since
there is a package for linux that can do DV->ppm.

I think that DV is a realistic source medium as well..

Probably 30second or so clips.. Differnt motion characteristic are probably
the most important... For example:

clips with camera still on tripod and moving things in scene
clips with camera in hand and moving things in scene
clips with camera panning on tripod but scene otherwise mostly still
zooming, etc..

I think that getting the motion stuff working right is going to be the
hardest and the least researched area.