[vorbis-dev] test suite

Holger Waechtler hwaechtler at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 9 03:09:13 PST 2001

Hi Ralph,

could you please set up a area at xiph.org, where you mirror some of
the test sequences, just to be shure that everybody talks about the
same sequence ?

The license issues are not too important, I think if we should be
allowed to use 'free for non-commercial use' sequences for our tests.
Perhaps it's a good idea to seperate things in 'free', 'free for test
purposes' and 'probably not free in most countries, but interesting.
Download this only if you are allowed to do so'.
The videos should have a length of 5-30 seconds.

For new tests I'd like a BSD-alike license.

A major problem could be the file format. As far I have seen, everybody
uses it's own file format for now. Perhaps it's a good idea to convert
everything to .ppm's.

I'd really like to see some 'real cinema action sequences' and music
video alike stuff in the suite.

- Holger