[vorbis-dev] video codec

Lourens Veen jsr at dds.nl
Wed Feb 7 22:53:14 PST 2001

Kenneth Arnold wrote:

> Unless he's changed it, those images all have an ugly bar through the
> middle that the encoder is probably having a hard time with. Hack
> avifile for AVI->pnm or whatever you use.

Well, coulde be me, but AVIs are compressed too aren't they? I have
plenty of video sequences to test with, but they're all mpeg files and
thus full of artefacts. I don't have a framegrabber or webcam, and I
don't know anyone who does. I do have a fast internet link (I live on a
university campus) so if anyone knows a server with some losslessly
compressed (or uncompressed) video please do tell me.

Lourens