[vorbis-dev] Determining stream type

Martin C. Martin martin at metahuman.org
Sun Feb 4 13:55:27 PST 2001

Hi,

I need to encode some extra information in my sound files, in a separate
logical stream.  Some day I'd like this to be streaming, so for each
page, I need to know whether it's a vorbis page or one of my own
extra-info pages.  I've read the "Ogg logical bitstream framing"
document, but at the Ogg level the only "structured" info is the page
header, and that doesn't contain any "stream type" information.
Everything else is segement lengths or segment data.

So, if I pick up a physical bitstream half way through, find a page
boundary and then recover the page, how can I tell whether it's vorbis
info or some other info?  The names of functions to call would be really
great, I'm still figuring out the myriad of functions.

Thanks,
Martin