[vorbis-dev] What to do with ODD encoder for AudioGrabber Cd-Ripper ?

Arioch the_Arioch at chat.ru
Tue Dec 18 11:41:28 PST 2001

Once i've run into misfeature.
I've grabbed an Audio CD with one of russian opera's, and its comment been
wirttenas a 8-bit ANSI text.
When i tried to play them in WnAMP - the comments were unreadable.
Peter (the author of WinAMP OGG plugin) told me, that the comments must be
encoded using UTF-8.

I wrote it to the author of AudioGrabber and he told me he will forward it
to plugin author.
Anyway, in the month there were no updates...
I contacted Jackie again, and there below is his answer... :-(((

Please, could anyone reach Albert Faber or make other version of his plugin
with correct comment support.
Or am i completely wrong and is it a WinAMP's plugin who's to blame?

One more question is if there is some program, that could easily convert
those plain text comments into UTF-8 ones?

* Forwarded by Arioch /BDV/ <the_Arioch at chat.ru>