[vorbis-dev] thoughts about MP3 -> OGG convertor

Chris Cheney ccheney at cheney.cx
Tue Dec 18 08:22:34 PST 2001

Everyone here already knows that convertings mp3s to oggs is a very bad
idea.  However many users don't care and will find a way to convert anyway.
I propose that there be a tool to automatically do it that comes with
vorbis-tools, that way it can automatically tag it as SOURCE=MP3 (or
whatever).  Of course we should have it emit a warning that it is bad to
convert from mp3 to ogg but users will do it anyway, and we won't have to
download their horrible oggs since they will be tagged as such.

Chris