[vorbis-dev] ogg-vorbis on sparc-solaris-2.8

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Fri Aug 17 06:39:39 PDT 2001

At 09:32 AM 8/17/01 -0400, you wrote:
>I have done fresh builds of xmms-1.2.5, libogg-1.0rc2, and
>libvorbis-1.0rc2 on a sparc-solaris-2.8 platform, using gcc-2.95.3.  I
>had to use the GNU binutils to get the libvorbis libraries to link
>correctly.  Everything built clean and without protest.
>
>When I install it all and try an ogg-vorbis file, I get noise.  I'm
>wondering if this is a big-endian problem somewhere.  I'd appreciate
>hearing from anyone who has tried this on sparc-solaris, or what steps
>I should take to get it to work properly on ogg-vorbis files.

A bug that would cause problems on 64 bit platforms was found and fixed
today or yesterday - could you try current cvs (of libvorbis, the others
you don't need to update), and see if it works better?

If it doesn't, we'll have to investigate further. Many of the developers
use ppc machines, so endianness problems are extremely unlikely.

Michael