[vorbis-dev] Strange artifact in RC2

Ingo Saitz Ingo.Saitz at stud.uni-hannover.de
Thu Aug 16 19:53:50 PDT 2001

MoiN

I noticed some strange artifact enconding with RC2, and even in
the latest CVS version. It is an additional high freqency sound
which looks more like an encoder bug to me. The artifact is
clearly audible up to 160kbps, at 192kbps-- it seems to go away.
I put some testsamples up at

http://www.stud.uni-hannover.de/~ingo/vorbis-test/

(wav and flac files - http://flac.sf.net/). If it does matter,
the compiler is gcc 2.95.2 - Debian potato.

    Ingo

--
16                      Hard coded constant for amount of room allowed for
                        cache align and faster forwarding (tunable)

-- seen in /usr/src/linux-2.2.14/net/TUNABLE