[vorbis-dev] kcarnold_work branch of ogg123

Kenneth Arnold ken at arnoldnet.net
Sat Aug 11 18:06:07 PDT 2001

I've been doing a ton of work on my branch. CVS log tells a little of
the story. For one, the buffer is nearly completely rewriten. That
means deadlock cases. I've caught a few, but I need help. Anyone who's
computer is faster or slower than my own or perhaps schedules things
differently (i.e. everyone) please hit the ogg123 on my branch
(kcarnold_work) with the strangest conditions you can find, including
SIGINT (ctrl-c) at various different points. Also try out the
streaming; it's using libcurl now so you can stream from just about
anything, though the options system to enable most of the extended
streaming options (e.g. proxy, cookies, authentication, etc.) is not
fleshed out yet.

There's a new options system and shiny new parser there; test it out
or use it for any of your own projects; I wrote it pretty
generically. You can probably also use the buffer; it's generic enough
that two instances of it (input and output) are running concurrently
without a hitch.

Oh yeah, anyone testing my branch, I forgot to disable
BUFFER_DEBUG. It changes the timings some. Try leaving it enabled,
then change the #define BUFFER_DEBUG to #undef BUFFER_DEBUG near the
top of buffer.c, and try it again. Should change that myself, but I'm
tired now and it's one o'clock in the morning after working at this
most of the day.

And if you want any features added or have an old patch/bug that I
never got to, now is the time to bring it up again.

thx all.

--
Kenneth Arnold <ken at arnoldnet.net> / kcarnold / Linux user #180115
http://arnoldnet.net/~kcarnold/

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>
<LI>application/pgp-signature attachment: stored
</UL>