[vorbis-dev] WAVE loader for oggenc and oggdrop

Chris Wolf cwolf at starclass.com
Wed Aug 1 14:31:11 PDT 2001

>This is correct.  I forgot to tag win32sdk, but win32-tools wasn't
>modified.
>
>> It looks like "oggdrop" in contained in win32-tools.  That module has an
>old version
>> of audio.c, which will only accept 16 "fmt" chunks, i.e. only the older
>format WAV files.
>
>Yes.  Patches accepted if you'd like to update it before I get around to
>it.
>
>jack.

Jack, I initally attempted to used audio.[ch] from oggenc so that both utilties
were using the same files, in order to do this there would need to be a moderate
amount of refactoring done.  (such as maybe creating a "common" directory,
unifying structure names, etc.)

I hesitate to do this, especially if the work is not accepted.  So for now, I just
modified "win32-tools/oggdrop/audio.c".  The patches and the whole modfied files
are attached.  The change permits 18 byte format chunks.

The change to the project file (oggdrop.dsp) is that in the preprocessor and linker
settings, I changed the directory settings from absolute path names to relative
path names, so that the module is not location dependent ("c:\src").

        -Chris

BTW, I did the changes against revision 1.1 of audio.c -- not 1.1.1.1 (the current hea revision) but they were identical.

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>
<LI>application/octet-stream attachment: audio.c.diff
</UL>