[vorbis-dev] Re: [vorbis] Finally, it can be told!

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams ignacio at openservices.net
Fri Aug 31 19:46:25 PDT 2001

On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, Andrew Chatham wrote:

> And on the speed topic, I think that if you want blazing speed for this kind of
> thing in Python, you're going to have to write pretty much all of it in C and
> then have "play_this_vorbis_file" and "encode_this_wave_file" functions or
> something like them. For encoding, at least.

I'm still going to try writing a Vorbis_write class to see how it runs. The
only way to be certain is to do the tests.

Also, I took a look at the MMSystem32 and DSound 8.x wave-handling functions
under Win32 and, well... *shudder* *twitch* *twitch*

I'm afraid I'm not going to be much help with coding under Win32 until I can
clear up some time to actually get reading some done, probably once version
0.1 of vorbismodule is complete.

However, I can help with testing, since I'm using that all-important (:P)
Windows release, Windows ME, on one of my machines.

--
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams  <ignacio at openservices.net>