[vorbis-dev] extremely noticeable artifact (britney-bug)

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Sat Aug 25 22:51:51 PDT 2001

On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 01:50:35AM +0200, Gian-Carlo Pascutto wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Aug 2001, Monty wrote:
>
> > > Monty, have you checked this? Is it a serious or a benign bug?
> >
> > It's in libvorbisfile.  I've still to fix it (it's a 'short file' bug).
> >
> > Monty
> >

> While it's question hour I'm going to ask if you were
> able to determine what caused the 'extremely noticeable
> artifact' posted here earlier?
>
> That one was of the I-blew-my-speakers-out-while-using-
> it-so-I-am-going-to-sue-you variety.
>
> I pity the ogger who stumbled onto it. Foolish me had
> to ignore the attached warnings of course. Ack!

Sorry, I unexpectedly took the vacation I needed by getting sucked up
into the run crew of a local theatre troup, wherein I've immersed
myself in the mercifully Net-free atmosphere of musical theatre.  I'm
surfacing again and I'll be getting everything tested toward rc3.

I've not tried the sample yet, no, but I've grabbed it and I'll be
checking it with the rest.  Also, I hear you have tweaked your
super-mode some more, I'd like to have a look at the current version
;-)

Monty