[vorbis-dev] RECORDNUMBER

Per Wigren wigren at home.se
Sat Aug 25 03:10:31 PDT 2001

I still think the DATE tag MUST be standardized! It doesn't
take ANY programminglanguage many lines of code to get a
localized output of a ISO datestring. Oggenc should refuse
dates not in YYYY-MM-DD format, because if it doesn't when
1.0final is released (and we will get a LOT of more users),
we will sit with an unfixable mess a few years from now!

Who is controlling the standard tags right now? Monty? The
authors of oggenc/ogg123/vorbiscomment?
This must be WELL thought out before 1.0final!

I'm thinking about using DISCNUMBER instead of
RECORDNUMBER.. What do you people think is the best one?

Regards
Per Wigren

> On 24 Aug 2001, at 21:46, Ingo Ralf Blum wrote:
>
> > > AFAIK the DATE tag, and other comment tags are meant
to be read by
> > > humans, so players don't need to parse them. [snip]
> >
> > So currently there is no possibility to reliably parse
Vorbis comments and use

dev-request at xiph.org'
> containing only the word 'unsubscribe' in the body.  No
subject is needed.
> Unsubscribe messages sent to the list will be
ignored/filtered.