[vorbis-dev] Re: [vorbis] packetizing an ogg stream

Aaron Plattner aaronp at crosswinds.net
Fri Aug 17 07:07:00 PDT 2001

Wouldn't it be possible to pull Vorbis packets out of the Ogg stream and then
recreate the Ogg stream with a smaller page size?  You'd have to do some tricks
with the granulepos field in the page header, but I think it'd work.  That way
you can make Ogg pages that fit inside UDP packets without having to lose the
benefits that Ogg provides.

Aaron Plattner

> There's one easy way to do this: split at the ogg page level. Each ogg
> page contains a checksum, etc. - so if it gets corrupted, it'll be
> detected. If the page is dropped, it'll be detected and the decoder will
> work fine. Also, you'll be able to use players unmodified.

> Michael

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>
<LI>application/pgp-signature attachment: stored
</UL>