[vorbis-dev] tag specifications

Scott Wheeler scott at slackorama.net
Thu Aug 9 14:22:57 PDT 2001

Hello all,

I'm committing the heinous crime of posting before I've been on a list for
very long, and I apologize in advance.  I don't know how often this comes up
and if it has recently if someone will just point me to an archive where this
discussion has already happened, I'll shut up.

I've got an MP3 tagger (QTagger) that I released a while back.  I'm trying to
get a few things done feature wise with it, but I thought it'd be nice for it
to work with Ogg files.

Is there a spec for the tag?  I noticed that it's at the front of the file
like an id3v2 tag.  Are there any libs for manipulating the tag?  If not can
someone point me to the place in the main lib source where it handles the
tags?

Thanks,

Scott Wheeler