[vorbis-dev] WAVE loader for oggenc and oggdrop

Chris Wolf cwolf at starclass.com
Wed Aug 1 11:55:32 PDT 2001

I could be totally wrong on this, but I haven't seen a CVS tag called "rc1",
I saw one called "decoder_1_0_public_release_candidate_1", which is what
I'm assuming you are refering to.

I did a checkout with that tag, but the following modules are not tagged with
"decoder_1_0_public_release_candidate_1", so I just checked out the head
revision:

win32-tools
win32sdk

>   Existing Tags:
>        release_1_0_beta_4              (revision: 1.1.1.1)
>        release_1_0_beta_3              (revision: 1.1.1.1)
>        start                           (revision: 1.1.1.1)
>        xiphophorus                     (branch: 1.1.1)

It looks like "oggdrop" in contained in win32-tools.  That module has an old version
of audio.c, which will only accept 16 "fmt" chunks, i.e. only the older format WAV files.

BTW, I also made a test recording with sound recorder in Windows 2000 pro, and
it creates a file with a "fmt" chunk conforming to WAVEFORMATEX, i.e. 18 bytes,
so you might want to send Microsoft a bug report. ;)

        -Chris