[vorbis-dev] Kerbango goes Kerbango!

David A. Gatwood dgatwood at gatwood.net
Thu Apr 12 14:52:12 PDT 2001

On Thu, 12 Apr 2001, Aaron Porter wrote:

> 3Com is dropping their Internet Appliances Division. Oh well, one less
> platform to port Vorbis to. :-)

Yes, and no.  Since the Kerbango internet radios were running Linux under
the hood, it shouldn't have required much porting.  Of course, the problem
is that they're embedded ppc processors, IIRC, and I don't recall if they
have floating point hardware, but I'm thinking not.  Which means
-msoft-float, which means I doubt the CPU could handle something like
Vorbis.  Not sure, though.

Later,
David