[vorbis-dev] q re vorbis packetizing in ogg stream

Mike Coleman mkc at mathdogs.com
Wed Apr 25 00:07:34 PDT 2001

>From looking at the code, it looks like the first vorbis header in a stream is
always placed in its own page.  It also looks like maybe the audio data (i.e.,
the stuff after the headers) is maybe also supposed to begin on a new page.
Is this part of the spec?

I notice, though, that the second and third headers share a page, at least in
one .ogg I looked at.  It seems like it would be easier for tools which
manipulate the comment or codebook headers if each of these headers was
required to be placed on its own page.  Any thoughts on this?

--Mike

Mike Coleman, mkc at mathdogs.com
  http://www.mathdogs.com -- problem solving, expert software development