[vorbis-dev] Dump utility

Arnar Mar Hrafnkelsson addi at umich.edu
Tue Apr 17 10:15:05 PDT 2001

I added wrappers and such to the oggpack_read* routines in libvorbis.
This is decoder_example being run on an ogg encoded file (which was
encoded using long blocks only).

$ vorbinfo < /u01/addi/vorbis/data/tt/34/128L/bass47_1.ogg > /dev/null

Bitstream is 2 channel, 44100Hz
Encoded by: Xiphophorus libVorbis I 20010225

Done.
counters:
 unknown[0]: 0
 unkbook[1]: 63793
 lpcdata[2]: 189360
 resdata[3]: 2544635
 infdata[4]: 5741
total: 2803529 bits

$ perl -wle 'print 8*-s shift' /u01/addi/vorbis/data/tt/34/128L/bass47_1.ogg
2842792

$ perl -wle 'print 2842792/2803529'
1.01400484888867A

I've observed the files to be about 1.3 - 1.9 percent bigger than the bits
I count so I guess that is framing overhead.

Do this seem plausible to everyone?  If someone wants the code then email
for it.  It's horribly written and ugly as hell (since I don't know if any
routine is guaranteed to be called first all wrappers check if they are
the first one to be called).

-- Arnar.