[vorbis-dev] Vorbis / Delphi Question

John Zitterkopf zitt at bigfoot.com
Tue Sep 19 19:54:59 PDT 2000

> The only question I have is has anyone translated the necessary structures
> from C to Delphi yet?  I noticed in the list that someone mentioned this
> already, but I don't see a response to this request.

I have been meaning to "get around to it", but right now I'm preparing a new
version of my program to improve the functionality. I had intended to
include Vorbis support in CDMaster32 in V4.5, but due to customer issues
surrounding the MP3 to AudioCD functionality... I had to ZBB Vorbis support
for V4.5 and delay it until V5.0.

Hopefully, after V4.5 is released... I'll be able to devote some time to
Vorbis under Delphi.

You might try your hand at using the automated Header conversion exe:
http://www.drbob42.com/ftp/headconv.zip

Good reading would also be:
ftp://delphi-jedi.org/manuals/Tutorial4.zip
and
http://www.delphi-jedi.org/Jedi:APICONVTEAMS:353712277

> I have already translated much of the structures to Delphi, but I'm not
> sure of their accuracy.  Anyone who is willing to check me on my accuracy,
> I'd be happy to either hand you a copy of what I've done so far, or I can
> work with you on the phone or on-line to verify it all.

A sure fire way of verifying if you code is working right is to build a test
decoder, then:
1) Verify it compiles.
2) Verify it decodes all of the sample OGG files on vorbis.com.

If you don't get errors or access violations during the decoding and the
sound file sounds like the original OGG, your probably close.

John
Developer of CDMaster32: MP3 to AudioCD, MP3 to WAV, CD to MP3
http://www.zittware.com/cdmaster32.html