[vorbis-dev] Mac OS X DP4 patches

Richard Kiss richard at homemail.com
Mon Sep 11 10:16:21 PDT 2000

on 9/11/2000 6:21, volsung at asu.edu at volsung at asu.edu wrote:

>> libao:
>> @echo "Building libao..."
>> -       @(cd libao && $(MAKE) $(MFLAGS) $(MAKECMDGOALS)) || exit 1
>> +       @(cd libao && $(MAKE) all) || exit 1
>>
>> This works fine on Mac OS X DP 4, and seems to be more appropriate.
>> However, please consider this one carefully before accepting it.
>
> I'm a little wary of that change.  The intention of the original line is to
> allow you to type "make profile" or "make clean" or just "make" and the proper
> target would be passed to the libao Makefile.  Is MacOS X having problems with
> the line as is?

For clean and distclean, we're okay since those are handled by separate
cases in the Makefile. However, you are right about "make profile" -- you
will not be getting profiled versions of libao ("make debug" has similar
problems).

The compilation is not automatic on Mac OS X the way Makefile stands. Since
I would like to get this patch in to minimize out-of-sync problems, I agree
we should forgo this particular change and I'll see if I can come up with
something better.

-- Richard