[vorbis-dev] Submitting patches for MacOS X

Timothy J. Wood tjw at omnigroup.com
Sat Sep 9 15:09:24 PDT 2000

  I've run into a bit of a priority interrupt on Real Work, so if anyone wants to take a look at my beginnings of MacOS X DP4 support, they can download it from:

    http://www.omnigroup.com/~bungi/vorbis-macosx-20000909.tar.gz

  The notable pieces (and problems) are:

- Slightly updated configure.guess and configure.sub to recognize MacOS X and Darwin (just copied from /usr/libexec on MacOS X DP4).
- Commented out include of memory.h which doesn't exist on MacOS X.  There should probably be some sort of HAVE_SOMETHING ifdef around it or it should be moved to os.h or something
- Added MacOS X support to libao
        - Currently you have to build in libao itself, you can't build in vorbis-tools since the submake screws up the variables that get set in the sub Makefile.
        - I've got a silly error somewhere that looks like it is causing every other 8K buffer of sound requested by CoreAudio to be skipped.  I just haven't had time to even look at it.

  Anyway, I know Richard Kiss was interested in playing with this, so please feel free to make progress while I'm off working on OmniWeb :)

-tim