[vorbis-dev] docs URL

Erik Kruus kruus at duck.com
Tue Sep 5 17:09:10 PDT 2000

Hi.  I've put up some docs related to my first encounter with the
vorbis source code at
  http://surf.chimie.uqam.ca/~kruus/vorbis/encoder/index.html

It documents a newbie's first look and [serious] attempts to trace
through examples/example_encoder.c .  Don't laugh too hard!

Even though the docs are quite un-doc-like,
I've stopped working on them indefinitely, since Monty announced
a forthcoming vorbisenc module which will probably invalidate whole
sections of that particular web-doc.

>From that doc, most of the links take you into a hypertext version
of the source code itself, where many variables and structure
elements are globally searchable.  You can also compare the two
versions (cvs-aug28 and branch_postbeta2 from this a.m.) and do
freetext searches, etc., via the glimpse search-engine.

I hacked lxr to do this, but didn't add the spiffy graphics that
other lxr source-code sites have put in.

Send corrections on things that are not going to rapidly change in
cvs -- at least that will save me from making the same error twice
as I start in on a file-wise documentation of the internals.

You may link to these pages or copy them and install such a beast
on your home machines. (Ask me about what you'll need to do and I'll
save you some time).  I'll not be doing a much maintenance
on the web site though, and I'ld like to keep it as a developer's-only
type of thing (of course who else would even want to browse the
source?)

BTW, I don't see a lot diffs in branch_postbeta2 apart from the float
thing.

Erik (kruus at on2.com)