[vorbis-dev] More information on exception

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Tue Sep 5 09:00:12 PDT 2000

>The sqrt domain error still appears occasionally, when encoding a
>10 second pure sine wave at .4 amplitude using mode D or E,
>for example.

I finally found time to try and investigate this one - but didn't get
anywhere. I couldn't reproduce this. Could you send me (offlist) a file
that is triggering this problem?

However, I also tried the post b2 branch. The big difference here is that
everything uses floats instead of doubles. This sounds fine, but appears to
cause lots of floating point exceptions, if one enables them. I got
sidetracked trying to figure out why exactly this was happening (not
terribly hard) and how to fix it properly (much harder).

Didn't get terribly far, partially because I don't understand ANY of psy.c
(which is where this was happening), so I had to try and figure that out.
Hopefully I'll have some more time tomorrow to figure out a good solution,
but I suspect I'll need to talk to Monty about it.

Michael