[vorbis-dev] building new vorbis mainline

David Burnett vargol at bigfoot.com
Mon Oct 16 12:43:25 PDT 2000

I know you're thinking oh no not again!!!

On BeOS for some reason the ogg module will not build
a shared library, I'm using libtool 1.3.5 which does support
BeOS in this capacity.

autogen.sh says this about the libtool creation

checking dynamic linker characteristics... beos ld.so
checking for objdir... .libs
creating libtool

I get a warning..
libtool: link: warning: undefined symbols not allowed in i586-pc-beos shared
libraries

does ogg have undefined symbols ??

I take it that vorbis doesn't build due to a lack off libogg.so .  I'm
getting the
infamous

checking for oggpack_read in -logg... no
configure: error: You must have libogg to compile vorbis!!!

error :)

Dave