[vorbis-dev] a listening test tool

Robert Voigt robert.voigt at gmx.de
Mon Oct 9 12:35:23 PDT 2000

"Willmore, David (VS Central)" wrote:

> Can ogg22pl take input from standard in?  Sometimes leaving the file name
> off will default it to that or by putting a '-' as the file name.  Similar
> things go for standard out.  (stop me if these aren't familiar terms)

Ogg22pl is is ogg123 with only the sampling rate variable changed. So if
ogg123 can do that, ogg22pl can also.

A comment in ogg123.c says:
/* Takes a vorbis bitstream from stdin and writes raw stereo PCM to
   stdout.  Decodes simple and chained OggVorbis files from beginning
   to end.

Yes it does. So can we send the output of oggenc to ogg123 via stdout?
That's a good idea. Probably stupid to write to a file first. But I'm
not an expert at this yet.

Erik has written a script as well and tried it already. I'm now going to
try it myself. I noticed that the last few emails on this subject did
not go through the list.