[vorbis-dev] Vorbis + AVI

Joe Soroka oggustus at zxmail.com
Fri Oct 6 14:37:54 PDT 2000

>>> does anyone on this list know if it is possible to
>>> use the vorbis audio codec in conjunction with an
>>> AVI file??
>
> this is basically what I'm working on right now. <snip>
> Okay, let me restate the issue as an answerable question:
> Say you have a fully populated vorbis_info structure
> blah blah blah

Hello everyone.  I'm going to clarify what I said even further
because it's pretty important for my project and for win32ogg
that I get an answer on this question.

1. I said that I would need an upper bound on the serialized
size of vorbis_info.  That's not exactly right.
2. I unintentionally implied that this possibly huge chunk of
data would be stored along with the AVI, possibly wasting
lots of space.  That's not necessary.

Exactly what I need to know is this:

* Is there an upper-bound on the packet size of the third header? *

thanks.
Joe.