[vorbis-dev] Possible memory leak / xmms input plugin

Guillaume Cottenceau gc at mandrakesoft.com
Thu Oct 5 15:45:45 PDT 2000

Guillaume Cottenceau <gc at mandrakesoft.com> writes:

[...]

> Strangely enough, the memory leak seems to not appear with a
> Linux-Mandrake 7.1 (was out in June 2000), whereas it appears with the
> upcomming distrib we're currently stabilizing (Linux-Mandrake 7.2). So it
> maybe comes from gtk, or even worse from libc or something..

Ok, FYI I finally got it: it comes from a bug (in xmms code) in releasing
memory with gdk_font_unref on a GdkFont created by a gdk_fontset_load,
when running with XFree86-4 libs.

Actually it has nothing to do in particular with the oggvorbis plugin :-).

--
Guillaume Cottenceau -- Distribution Developer for MandrakeSoft
http://www.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/