[vorbis-dev] Re:

Dan Conti dconti at acm.wwu.edu
Tue Oct 24 09:58:15 PDT 2000

Maybe the best solution is to provide a simple mechanism for people to
plug in their own malloc libs. It seems clear that having people 'do it
themselves', in terms of search-and-replacing malloc with their own
allocator, isn't a very good plan, since it effectively fragments the
source. Additionally, there's more than one person asking for it.

There is some sort of configure script i assume? (i dont keep up,
sorry). Why not have it so you could do ./configure my_conf or ./configure
--target=my_conf, then generate a default conf file where some macro
MALLOC() would map onto standard malloc, and let it be at that. Then
everyone who wants this new feature could just create their new
configuration file.

It doesn't seem to warrant extended discussion.
-Dan