[vorbis-dev] Distribution Fixes

Jack Moffitt jack at deathstar.icecast.org
Sat Oct 21 11:25:35 PDT 2000

On Sat, 21 Oct 2000, Ali Abdin wrote:

> Basically in the ogg .spec file, I move the 'libogg.a' and 'libogg.so' stuff into
> the devel package (all other packages I've seen do this). I've also included a
> missing header file in a Makefile.am (without this header file libvorbis won't
> compile correctly).

I see your point about .a files.  I moved those to the devel packages like
you suggested.  .so's stayed in the main ones.

> The vorbis spec file was a mess. First of all, 'make dist' misses a number of
> files (fixed in patch). Secondly, the libvorbis.spec wasn't very successful in
> working. It is fixed in this patch.

It was a very old one.  I had rewritten it, but forgot to commit it when i
initially did my built changes.  You had some extra stuff I had forgotten
so I merged in a lot of your patch for that.

> I also tried working on 'ao'. Unfortunately 'ao' appears to
> be a "mess". It does not compile properly, I had to hack it to manually
> compile esd into it (otherwise I get undefined reference to ao_esd or
> something like that).

Yep, it's not ready for primetime yet.  I need loadable pluigns at runtime
for starters.

jack.