[vorbis-dev] Distribution Fixes

Ali Abdin aliabdin at aucegypt.edu
Sat Oct 21 09:19:30 PDT 2000

I have two patches enclosed below. One for 'ogg' and the other for 'vorbis'.

Basically, I was trying to do a 'make dist' and then 'rpm -ta <filename>' to
try and generate some nice RPMs for vorbis stuff.

Basically in the ogg .spec file, I move the 'libogg.a' and 'libogg.so' stuff into
the devel package (all other packages I've seen do this). I've also included a
missing header file in a Makefile.am (without this header file libvorbis won't
compile correctly).

The vorbis spec file was a mess. First of all, 'make dist' misses a number of
files (fixed in patch). Secondly, the libvorbis.spec wasn't very successful in
working. It is fixed in this patch.

I also tried working on 'ao'. Unfortunately 'ao' appears to
be a "mess". It does not compile properly, I had to hack it to manually
compile esd into it (otherwise I get undefined reference to ao_esd or
something like that).

Regards,
Ali

<HR NOSHADE>