[vorbis-dev] Building on BeOS part 3

David Burnett vargol at bigfoot.com
Wed Oct 18 14:15:23 PDT 2000

After fixing a 'bug' in libtool, I've finally got ogg compiling and producing
a shared library. Now I'm trying to build vorbis but I'm falling over
at the final step. While trying to produce libvorbisfile.

The make file is trying to compile with

gcc -nostart  vorbisfile.o   -L/boot/home/config/lib -logg  -Wl,-soname -
Wl,libvorbisfile.so -o .libs/libvorbisfile.so

with gives me a load of undefined reference errors such as

vorbisfile.o: In function `_fetch_headers':
vorbisfile.o(.text+0x6c8): undefined reference to `vorbis_info_init'
vorbisfile.o(.text+0x6d1): undefined reference to `vorbis_comment_init'

Now I can 'fix' this manually by adding -L./libs -lvorbis (or the other .o
files but I think the former is better), but I'd like to work out why this
isn't building directly from the
makefile.

I used 'autogen.sh --prefix=/boot/home/config --with-ogg=/boot/home/config'
configure, should I have used other arguments ?

Can anyone  give me pointers as to where to start digging ?

Dave