[vorbis-dev] ov_read() reading too little.

MC Spanky mcspanky at mac.com
Wed Nov 29 08:34:31 PST 2000

Hi,

I've ditched the idea of calling the oggvorbis .dlls, and I'm compiling
the 1.0beta3 source into my own dll.  After opening as "rb" instead of
"r", the ov_open() call works.  However, ov_read() seems to consistently
read less data than I ask for.  My buffer is enough to hold two seconds
of data, 16 bit 44k mono, that's 176400 bytes.  The first call to
ov_read() asks for that much but only gets 52,608 bytes.  The next call
asks for 3,652 bytes but only gets 2048.  Subsequent calls ask for more
and more, but still only get 2k.  Is this normal?  If so, it should be
documented.

Thanks,
Spanky