[vorbis-dev] Using Ogg Vorbis for an online nightclub

MC Spanky mcspanky at mac.com
Sun Nov 26 09:58:06 PST 2000

Hey all,

Our group (www.esconline.org) is making an online, 3D nightclub, and
we're thinking of using the Ogg Vorbis format for the music.  Some
questions:

1. The Ogg Vorbis format does a good job with mono streams at 64
kb/sec.  However, we were hoping for 56 kb/sec or lower.  Is there a
timeline for when Ogg Vorbis will support those bitrates?

2. We need to store additional data along with the track, for now the
start time of each bar, but in future other info like lighting changes
or even movement info for the 3D models of band memebers.  Can this be
easily added as another stream in the Ogg file format?

- Spanky