[vorbis-dev] Vorbis works on Mac OS X Public Beta now

Timothy J. Wood tjw at omnigroup.com
Sat Nov 25 23:42:02 PST 2000

On Saturday, November 25, 2000, at 11:12 PM, Michael Smith wrote:
>If there are patches for oggenc that I missed, please send them to me again
>- I actually have time to look at patches and commit them now.

  The only patch to oggenc is in audio.c since there is no malloc.h on Mac OS X (and probably not on Darwin right now).

  I'm not sure where the maintainers want to put checks like this -- inline in the source (this should probably be a configure check that defines HAVE_MALLOC_H) or in a 'system.h' header file approach.

  If someone wants to suggest an approach, I'd be happy to test that it works on Mac OS X.  Otherwise, the patch is as follows :)

-tim

RCS file: /usr/local/cvsroot/vorbis-tools/oggenc/audio.c,v
retrieving revision 1.3
diff -c -r1.3 audio.c
*** audio.c     2000/11/06 01:45:23     1.3
--- audio.c     2000/11/26 07:39:29
***************
*** 14,20 ****
--- 14,25 ----
  #include <stdio.h>
  #include <string.h>
  #include <sys/types.h>
+
+ // TJW - Should be using autoconf to see if there is a malloc.h before importing it
+ #if !(defined(__APPLE__) && defined(__MACH__))  // Mac OS X and Darwin
  #include <malloc.h>
+ #endif
+
  #include "audio.h"