[vorbis-dev] Vorbis works on Mac OS X Public Beta now

Timothy J. Wood tjw at omnigroup.com
Sat Nov 25 22:23:19 PST 2000

  I have got libao up to oggenc and ogg123 working on Mac OS X Public Beta now.  I'd like to submit patches, but last time I did, they never got committed by anyone.  Who is in charge of committing stuff?  Does someone want to nominate themselves to review and commit my patches?

  The patches are briefly:

- On Mac OS X dlopen() is not very well supported, so libao has been cleaned up a bit to more easily support statically linked output devices (and the null and wav registration code has been modified to use the same registration method as all statically linked output devices).
- Added a src/ao_coreaudio.c and associated autoconf/automake stuff to turn on -DHAVE_COREAUDIO when appropriate.
- Added CFLAG settings for *-*-darwin* in all libraries
- Copied getopt gunk from oggenc to ogg123 since GNU getopt is not available on all systems.

  I'll probably modify libao just a bit more to support a HAVE_DLOPEN define.  If not set, all the dlopen gunk will be turned off an only the statically linked modules will be available.

  Anyway, please let me know who I should be talking to to actually get something committed this time around.

  Until then, I'm going to work on adding Altivec support :)

  Thanks!

-tim