[vorbis-dev] IRIX patch for vorbis *

Marcelo E. Magallon mmagallo at debian.org
Tue Nov 21 14:06:57 PST 2000

Hi,

 after reading the IRIX Digital Media Audio library documentation and
 starting to code an IRIX output plugin for libao and afterwards
 realizing there was already one on the CVS tree (almost identical to
 what I had up to that point, no wonder) and getting the rest of the
 vorbis tarball to compile under IRIX with the MIPSpro compiler only to
 find out the plugin was wrong and after going back to the docs and
 patching here and there and still not getting it right and then
 realizing that I had an old ogg123 somewhere on my path removing that
 and using the right one and still getting no results and going back to
 the docs only to miss the little difference between bytes and frames
 for almost thirty minutes, here I present...

 The Patch.

 (and the missing punctuation is what lots of coffee in a short period
 of time does for you ;-)

 Seriously, I patched libao to actually use the configuration it builds
 (alOpenPort's last parameter), and to use *frames* (what AL wants) and
 not *bytes* (what AO passes)

 I also added no-dependencies to the Makefile.ams because that needs GNU
 CC to work properly and it was turning into a little headache to get
 MIPSpro to this in the way GNU make wants it.

 IRIX libc doesn't have rindex but it looks like GNU libc has strrchr
 (dunno about BSD's libc).

 If I'm not mistaken getopts_long is a GNU libc'ism.

 And I need to include limits.h to get NAME_MAX.

 If you are cool with all of this, I'll clean this patch up.  I only
 tested with IRIX/MIPSpro.

 (In other words, no, libao doesn't work on IRIX as it is now)

 Thanks for a great audio format,

--
Marcelo

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>
<LI>application/x-gunzip attachment: vorbis-irix.patch.gz
</UL>