[vorbis-dev] BeOS on PPC compile, thread question.

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Wed Nov 15 16:43:12 PST 2000

>> No.  This is incorrect behavior in the compiler.  Are you sure you're
>> telling it to compile C and not C++?
>
>In fact I am compiling as C++. Under BeOS, these functions will
>eventually end up inside of a C++ class. So, I'm kind of stuck.
>It's not the end of the world.

Shouldn't be a problem, should it? You can use C-compiled stuff from C++.
So compile as C, then use from your C++ program. Where's the problem?

Libvorbis is NOT C++. It will not, and should not be expected to, compile
as C++. I don't think we'd be interested in patches to make it pseudo-C++.
Anything that stops it compiling in a C compiler is a different matter.

Michael