[vorbis-dev] libvorbis compile failure

Peter Surda shurdeek at panorama.sth.ac.at
Fri Nov 10 05:56:30 PST 2000

On Thu, Nov 09, 2000 at 10:37:38PM -0600, John Ross Hunt wrote:
> The latest CVS update of libvorbis fails to compile on SuSE Linux 6.4.  The
> error is below.
Had that too (RH 6.2) but I managed to get the freakin' stuff to go

in libvorbis-1.0beta3/lib/Makefile.am please delete the lines
libvorbisfile_la_LIBADD = libvorbis.la
and
libvorbisenc_la_LIBADD = libvorbis.la

moreover, the doc/vorbisenc and doc/vorbisfile directories aren't copied into
rpm build directory, so it fails to create the rpm. Was too lazy to fix this
normally so I simply ran

while [ 1 = 1 ] ; do cp -r vorbisenc vorbisfile /var/tmp/libvorbis-root/usr/doc/libvorbis-1.0beta3/;sleep 1;done

after starting rpm -bb. Then it built on mine.

> Also, what happened to the xmms plugin directory in cvs?  It complains that
> it is missing when I do a 'cvs update'.
Yeah, where is it?

And there is another bug: vorbiscomment segfaults on me without doing anything
useful except setting file's length to 0. Older versions (something from
september) used to work.

Bye,

Peter Surda (Shurdeek) <surda at bigfoot.com>, ICQ 10236103, +4369910964300

--
/* vsprintf.c -- Lars Wirzenius & Linus Torvalds. */
/*
 * Wirzenius wrote this portably, Torvalds fucked it up :-)
 */