[vorbis-dev] ov_read bugfix (fwd)

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Tue May 16 05:40:21 PDT 2000

At 11:42 PM 5/15/00 -0700, you wrote:
>> I noticed this bug a couple of days ago, but forgot to commit a fix - it
>> CANNOT cause a crash (it just does a trivial amount of useless redundant
>> work, and is unclear). The code definately works, but I'll commit the
>> correct fix (which is the removal of 4 lines in ov_read() tonight.
>
>Ah, OK, I looked again, and my eyes earlier deceived me.  The 'buffer'
that's
>filled with the uninitialized 'dest' value is never used.

Yeah, but it was horrible anyway. Committed a fix to get rid of this
redundant code.

Also committed the final win32 compile fix - the only other thing that's
needed is project files - Jon, you're maintaining those, right? I think the
VC6 files need changing to add an extra file introduced by the big merge
(I'm still using version 5, so I haven't done this myself).

Michael